2007/03/27

of these /those

es Yes I know Guattari hes always hugging me. who had three marriages and three kids. eh!



OpPuS PoP Deleuze speaketh:

Not only do they not compose a whole together,




but they do not testify to a whole from which

each part is torn, different from every other, in a

kind of dialogue between universes. But the force

with which the parts are projected into the world, violently

stuck together despite their unmatching edges, causes

them to be recognized as parts, though without

composing a whole, even a hidden one, without

emanating from totalities, even lost ones

By settling fragments into fragments,___ finds

the means of making us contemplate them all, but with-

out reference to a unity from which they might derive,

or which would derive from them .......

By settling fragments into fragments, (Eliot) finds

the means of making us contemplate them all, but with-

out reference to a unity from which they might derive,

or which would derive from them ________________







KATHY ACKER: I don't talk through theory, I talk through fictional process. There's a different sort of language. I think any text works on a triangular relation between writer, reader and text. I simply think the triangular relationship in a bourgeois narrative is very different from the triangular relationship in a non-bourgeois narrative. In a bourgeois narrative the text is supposedly a mirror of that which is outside the text, so the reason that you identify with the character is that you believe the character goes in this mirror version of your life, and comes out with some bit of knowledge. This idea, which is basically impossible after Roland Barthes, is that you can know, that you can read a text, that you can learn something, that you can in a way possess knowledge: you are a centralized identity, and you as this centralized "I" are capable of knowing it. I mean it's based on Descartes. I don't live in that kind of world, so I would never go to a piece of art thinking that I can get a moral message from it, and that I'm in that much control. I think the real relations are very different.



fictionmachine